Understanding Small Business Needs
Small businesses have their own set of requirements. Strong security is paramount, but just as important is having the right kind of management tools.
Did you know? Recent studies by Verizon and Gartner showed that 95% or more of firewall breaches were caused by firewall misconfiguration. Small businesses are particularly at risk when they purchase security products that are just too difficult to use.
WatchGuard includes a suite of tools with every firewall that make deploying and managing network security straightforward and fast. Even novice network administrators can maintain a strong security stance. And unlike most security products, real-time monitoring and rich reporting are included without any additional licensing.
Small Medium Enterprise(SME) Solutions by Model
WatchGuard XTM T Series
The newly expanded T series now replaces the old 2 and 3 series models, but includes a newer processor that ups the bar, and allows fanless tabletop use much higher up the performance league.
- All models are fanless making them ideal for any application where they cannot be seperated from the working envirnement (including home or home office use.)
- Up to 1.2 Gbps firewall throughput.
- Up to 7 GigE interfaces.
- Wireless versions include dual-band 802.11/AC technology for greater wireless speed and responsiveness. Note this is an inbuilt option, thus is not easily upgraded, although there are often good swap-out deal available if you get your timing right.
- POE interface on the T30 and T50 models.
- Makes an ideal endpoint for connecting a secure VPN back to a WatchGuard M-series appliance.
WatchGuard XTM M Series
The new M-series steps up the abilities with the latest processors giving a much bigger kick for the money. The M440 also has POE+, and 27 ports giving a switch replacement capability.
- Up to 8 Gbps firewall throughput.
- 8 GigE interfaces (25 on M440).
- Up to 1.7 Gbps UTM throughput.
- M440 also includes 2 10Gb Ethernet interfaces (via SFP+).
- M440 also includes POE interfaces.
Watchguard Expandable XTM M-series
The latest additions to the Firebox range include dual power supplies, even greater processing power, and the ability to expand beyond the basic range with 1Gb and 10Gb modules as and when you need them.
- Minimum 8 Gbps full UTM throughput.
- Upto 32 1Gb ports on M5600, 24 on M4600.
- Up to 60Gpbs Firewall throughput.
- Dual redundant power supplies.
- Optional modules for expansion/upgrades (4x10Gb Fiber; 8x1Gb Fiber or 8x1Gb Copper).
Turn your WatchGuard firewall into a complete UTM (unified threat management) solution with a suite of subscription-based security services. UTM subscriptions include:
- Application Control – Control the applications used on your network – from Facebook to Skype – for tighter security and increased productivity.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – All data in motion, whether transferred via email, web, or FTP, is automatically inspected using a library of over 200 predefined rules to detect personal, financial, and healthcare information attempting to leave the network.
- Intrusion Prevention Service – Get real-time protection from threats, including spyware, SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and buffer overflows.
- WebBlocker – Eliminate dangerous or inappropriate web surfing, while increasing employee productivity and protection from web-based attacks.
- Gateway AntiVirus – Deploy this signature-based security subscription to block known spyware, viruses, trojans, and blended threats in real time.
- spamBlocker – Stop unwanted email at the gateway. Independent, third-party test results confirm a spam detection rate over 99%, with virtually no false positives.
- Reputation Enabled Defense – Use this powerful, cloud-based URL reputation service to protect web users from malicious web pages, while dramatically improving your web processing overhead.
- Advanced Persistent Threat Blocker – APT Blocker extends protection from the universe of known malware to the unknown, securing your business from today’s constantly evolving threats.
Security for Virtual Infrastructures
Looking to take advantage of the savings and business agility that virtualization brings? WatchGuard offers a Small Business Edition of its XTMv product line that delivers all the security, ease of use, and manageability of the XTM line to support Microsoft® Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere virtual infrastructures.
Wireless Access Points
Harness the power of mobile devices without putting network assets at risk with WatchGuard wireless access points. These devices are a flexible and very affordable way to extend the best-in-class security of an XTM solution to the WLAN.
- Full Cloud-based management is available now with the new AP120/AP320. This allows amazing levels of marketing resources to be utilised, and is all included in the cloud price, no hidden extras.
- Best-in-class hardware: WatchGuard wireless access points are built using advanced wireless hardware, featuring 2×2 MIMO with dual spatial streams capable of signal shaping and 802.11AC for maximum speed.
- Simple roaming: WatchGuard AP devices have you covered, with up to 16 SSIDs, and seamless network access when roaming between access points. And with the AP102 or the new AP due soon, WLAN access is also available outdoors.
We can also supply the wireless in configurations that comply with the Friendly WiFi scheme, allowing you to display the logo, and to gain the confidence of customers using your access to know that their connection is protected from certain types of content.
The T10 is a limited device, but still superb value where the functionality is not needed. Remember, it is also the only one that will directly connect to a DSL line (either ADSL or FTTC/Infinity)
|Firewall Throughput||400 Mbps||620 Mbps||1.2 Gbps|
|VPN Throughput||100 Mbps||150 Mbps||270 Mbps|
|AV Throughput||120 Mbps||180 Mbps||235 Mbps|
|IPS Throughput||160 Mbps||240 Mbps||410 Mbps|
|UTM Throughput||90 Mbps||135 Mbps||165 Mbps|
|Branch Office VPN Tunnels||5||40||50|
|Mobile VPN with SSL/L2TP||5||25||50|
|Mobile VPN with IPSec||5||25||50|
|One to One NAT||
|Multi-WAN Load Balancing||N/A||
|Server Load Balancing||N/A||
|High Availability Active/Active or Active/Passive||N/A||
Small M-Series Boxes
|Interfaces||8: 10/100/1000||8: 10/100/1000||6: 10/100/1000
2: SFP ports
|Firewall Throughput||3.2 Gbps||4.0 Gbps||8 Gbps|
|VPN Throughput||1.2 Gbps||2 Gbps||4.4 Gbps|
|AV Throughput||620 Mbps||1.2 Gbps||2.5 Gbps|
|IPS Throughput||1.4 Gbps||2.5 Gbps||4 Gbps|
|UTM Throughput||515 Mbps||800 Mbps||1.4 Gbps|
|Branch Office VPN Tunnels||50||75||100|
|Mobile VPN with SSL/L2TP||75||100||150|
|Mobile VPN with IPSec||75||100||150|
Large M-Series Boxes
2: SFP ports
(8 with PoE)
2: 10G SFP+ Fiber
2: SFP ports
|Firewall Throughput||8 Gbps||6.7 Gbps||8 Gbps|
|VPN Throughput||4.4 Gbps||3.2 Gbps||5.3 Gbps|
|AV Throughput||2.5 Gbps||2.2 Gbps||3.2 Gbps|
|IPS Throughput||4 Gbps||2.2 Gbps||5.5 Gbps|
|UTM Throughput||1.4 Gbps||1.6 Gbps||1.7 Gbps|
|Branch Office VPN Tunnels||100||300||500|
|Mobile VPN with SSL/L2TP||150||300||500|
|Mobile VPN with IPSec||150||300||500|