The Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS) 3500 is a series of high-performance compact Gigabit Ethernet switches specifically designed for SME’s, mid-market, enterprise branches and open environments outside of the wiring closet.
A low-cost, feature rich solution, the Avaya ERS 3500 series is comprised of eight Ethernet switching products including 24-port Fast Ethernet model variants and 10, 24 and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet model variants. Several models operate in fanless mode, enabling quiet operation in noise sensitive environments. IEEE 802.3at PoE+ versions of all models are also available, making this an extremely versatile product family.
All ERS 3500 24-port and 48-port models support Avaya’s Stackable Chassis Architecture, allowing up to eight ERS 3500 units to be cabled together to form a logical chassis with up to 384 ports and 80 Gigabits of virtual backplane capacity.
Suitable for SME and mid-market customers looking for a reliable, cost-effective switch to provide converged services within single or multiple sites (typically with 300 users or less) and for midsize-to-large companies looking for a compact switch to provide connectivity within remote offices, the ERS 3500 delivers enterprise-class features at SME price points.
The ERS3510GT (10 port models) are listed in a separate entry.
Features and Benefits
- Cost-effective Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with enterprise-class features that support voice and data convergence
- True plug and play functionality for IP phones—making them operational in under a minute when plugged into an ERS 3500 switch port
- Automated set up with Avaya IP Office for seamless deployment of Avaya UC solutions—one simple command will automatically provision the switch to support an IP Office deployment enabling fast and error free deployments
- Intuitive tools for managing, troubleshooting and operating devices—including web-based GUI management, industry aligned command line interface (CLI), comprehensive centralized management, and configuration tools for large deployments
- Resilient stacking that will enable companies to start small and expand their network as their business grows—Avaya’s Stackable Ethernet Architecture will let customers stack up to eight ERS 3500 units for enhanced network availability, simplified management and up to 80Gbps of virtual backplane capacity
- Convergence features like enhanced Power over Ethernet (PoE+) that help future-proof networks and power advanced IP phones, wireless access points and video surveillance cameras
- Best in class network access and guest management with the ability to provision guest access in less than 10 seconds via integration with the Avaya Identity Engines portfolio.