Watchguard bundles are important for getting the most out of your Watchguard, and come initally supplied therefore, we will explain the different options here. These can be renewed for as long as the product is deemed viable, which can be 10 or more years for a newly released product. Renewals (and thus initial purchase) are available in either 1 year or 3 year packages.
One of the great advantages of the Watchguard solution is that you can easily turn on or off any of the features and change between levels simply with a licence change.
Live Security Bundle
LiveSecurity® Service provides high-value, innovative support services to IT administrators. With this multifaceted program you’ll have technical support with a targeted four-hour response time, and a hardware warranty that includes advance hardware replacement. It supplies software updates that cover feature enhancements, full-rev updates, and new capabilities. Concise threat alerts come with clear instructions on how to reduce or eliminate new threats and link directly to vendor patches to save time. Ground-breaking security education tools include videos, podcasts, best practices editorials, and handy security-training modules for end users. No other security vendor does as much to educate you in the role of security-savvy network administrator.
It is possible to add any of the below options onto LiveSecurity to give the protection required without needing the full bundle. The modules included in the LiveSecurity are:
WatchGuard gives you everything you expect from a firewall, and more. Multi-gigabit packet filtering and transparent proxies mean true, line-speed security inspection on all traffic. You also get Virtual Private Networking (VPN) with the strongest encryption to secure connections from†branch offices and mobile users.
We always sweat the small stuff.
• Tie security policies to specific users and groups with directory integration
• Stop traffic from dangerous sources with cloud-based reputation services
• Get real-time and historical visibility into what’s happening in your network at every level
• Unique drag-and-drop virtual private networking (VPN)
Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS)
Don’t let malicious activity run amok in your network. WatchGuard’s Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) lets you Shut. Intrusions. Down.
Never leave your network exposed.
• IPS works hand-in-hand with application-layer content inspection to monitor network traffic and system activities
• Continually updated signatures give you real-time protection from spyware, SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and buffer overflows
• You get full granular control to block network, application, and protocol-based attacks
There’s control – and then there’s strangle-hold. You can’t afford to let malicious or inappropriate applications through your defenses, but you don’t want to ding productivity with app controls that are too strict or wide-ranging. WatchGuard gives you highly granular control by category, application, or application sub-function to keep your network flowing and your environment safe.
It’s okay. Let all that power go to your head.
• Control over 1,800 web and business applications by category, application, or application sub-function
• Granular control over social networking applications and their functions, so employees can use Facebook, Twitter, and other important apps for work, not play
• Ability to select, manage, and report on application usage by user, group, and time of day
Security Bundle includes all of the advantages of LiveSecurity as well as taking the appliance from being a NextGen Firewall to being a full UTM with most of the available modules. The modules included at this time are :
On the web, people can find themselves in a bad place without even trying. WebBlocker’s content and URL filtering lets you control where people on your network go, and protects them (and you) from landing in places they shouldn’t be.
Who’s in charge here? Right, that would be you.
• Get broad control (by URL category) and deep (by specific users, groups, domains, or time of day) so you can block for security, productivity, and legal compliance
• Customize policies to create exception lists for mission-critical access
• Allow access by users, groups, domains, and time of day requirements to meet specific business and user needs
Hackers don’t stick to one approach, and neither do we. Our continuously updated signatures identify and block known spyware, viruses, trojans, and blended threats – including new variants of known viruses. At the same time, heuristic analysis tracks down suspicious data constructions and actions to make sure unknown viruses don’t slip by.
Whatever they throw at you? You can take them.
• Scans all major protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TCP, SMTP, and POP3 to block all types of malware
• Optimized for best network performance
• Works with APT Blocker to catch even zero-day attacks
Spam: we love it on a plate, hate it in your network. Our spamBlocker is so fast and effective, it can review up to 4 billion messages per day. That could be a lot of spam, but don’t worry. We’re always hungry.
Don’t let our voracious appetite scare you.
• Block spam regardless of language, format, or content – even image-based spam that other blockers miss
• Our patented cloud-based technology is the only effective anti-spam solution for low-footprint UTM appliances
• Identify and block viral payloads for an additional layer of real-time, anti-virus protection
Reputation Enabled Defense
Your reputation precedes you – and the same goes for web sites. Our powerful, cloud-based reputation lookup service protects web users from malicious sites, while dramatically improving web processing overhead. WatchGuard is the only UTM that includes this service, to give you faster, safer web surfing. We thought that’s what you wanted.
We’ve got a reputation. We’re okay with that.
• Faster browsing times and greater throughput at the gateway
• Continuous updates keep current with dynamic web content and changing web conditions
There are currently two additional modules that are not included in the security bundle that can be added to almost any XTM device, these are:
Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Sure, mistakes happen, but that doesn’t mean you should leave your company’s crown jewels at risk. WatchGuard’s optional DLP service prevents accidental or malicious data breaches by scanning text and common file types to detect sensitive information. Even if all else fails, you can still prevent data exfiltration.
We’ve got your back, no matter what.
• Easily create and update corporate data policies with a predefined library of over 200 rules for 18 countries
• Establish rules for personally identifiable information, financial and healthcare data, and more
• Parse data from more than 30 file types including Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and PDFs
Advanced. Persistent. Threats. Even the name is scary. But stopping them doesn’t have to be. We make it easy to take down the meanest malware and the sneakiest zero-day threats. Our APT Blocker gives you all the power, without the fear of complex implementation rules – and it’s all at a fraction of the price you’d expect.
All the power. No fear.
• Optional service works in conjunction with our signature-based antivirus to detect and block advanced malware and zero-day attacks
• Easy point-and-click configuration even against sophisticated polymorphic threats
• Instant, single-pane-of-glass visibility into real-time attacks